Pressure Care Foundations 101
Pressure injuries can be a life-threatening condition. Occupational Therapists should be confident to identify, prevent and treat pressure injuries as part of a team. Practical strategies will be outlined, suitable to apply if you work in acute care, rehab, community, or with special conditions such as spinal cord injury and palliative care. The 2019 International Pressure Injury Clinical Practice Guidelines will be discussed and applied with real life examples.
You will learn:
- How to prevent and treat pressure injuries- 24-hour management
- How to recognise and describe a pressure injury
- How to complete a comprehensive pressure injury assessment
- Assess and manage pressure, shear, friction, microclimate, and other contributing factors
- Intervention strategies and techniques for common pressure injuries seen by OTs (with focus on adult population)
- Proven tips and tricks to access / maximise funding resources for treatment and long-term pressure management
- Where to access proven and validated resources to use in your clinical practice
- Live Q&A to problem solve clinical challenges
About the Presenter: Karen Maurer has 22 years’ experience working as an OT, including many years as a senior clinician with special interest in assistive technology. She runs a private practice supporting adult clients with neurological conditions and SCI, who may be at high risk of pressure injuries, with complex seating and positioning needs. Karen is not aligned with any equipment company, and aims to outline a variety of product brands and options that may meet your client’s functional needs. Strategies for products and different funding sources to consider in your clinical setting can be discussed in the Q&A.
The Certificate of Completion for this webinar, which you can use for CPD hours, will be emailed to you at the end of the month.
On purchasing this on demand session, a link to the recording will be made available along with any webinar resources which will be valid for one month.
Please note that the price to purchase access to this recording is for one person only. If you wish for multiple people to access the recording, please purchase access for each person.