Pressure Care Foundations 101
Pressure injuries can be a life-threatening condition. Occupational Therapists should be confident to identify, prevent and treat pressure injuries as part of a team. Practical strategies will be outlined, suitable to apply if you work in acute care, rehab, community, or with special conditions such as spinal cord injury and palliative care. The 2019 International Pressure Injury Clinical Practice Guidelines will be discussed and applied with real life examples.
You will learn:
- How to prevent and treat pressure injuries- 24-hour management
- How to recognise and describe a pressure injury
- How to complete a comprehensive pressure injury assessment
- Assess and manage pressure, shear, friction, microclimate, and other contributing factors
- Intervention strategies and techniques for common pressure injuries seen by OTs (with focus on adult population)
- Proven tips and tricks to access / maximise funding resources for treatment and long-term pressure management
- Where to access proven and validated resources to use in your clinical practice
- Live Q&A to problem solve clinical challenges
Webinar Recording Length – 2 hours 20 minutes.
On purchasing this on-demand session, a link to the recording will be made available along with any webinar resources which will be valid for one month.