The Restrictive Practice Puzzle
Do you have questions about restrictive practices? Are you confused or lacking in confidence about what the OT practitioner has to offer in the area of restrictive practice? Would you recognise and respond appropriately to restrictive practices in your day to day practice? With the advent of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission, the rules around restrictive practices have become complex. There is a lot of information to take in and understand. Many OTs are feeling like they don’t have the information they need to assist and add value for participants who have restrictive practices used in their support.
This workshop is presented in two sessions and will provide participants with the knowledge they need to:
- Recognise a possible restrictive practice and analyse situations to determine whether practices are restrictive or not.
- Respond to restrictive practices appropriately.
- Understand the requirements that need to be in place before a restrictive practice can be used.
- Understand the relationship between equipment prescription and restrictive practices and the obligations of the prescribing therapist when completing AT assessments and applications.
- Understand the restrictive practice rules and what the NDIS Commission is expecting from therapy providers and others in relation to reporting, data collection and planning for using restrictive practices.
- Understand the OT role in functional behaviour assessments, data collection, how restrictive practices fit into OT functional assessments and how OTs can assist in eliminating restrictive practices.
Webinar Recording Length Session 1 – Approx 1 hour, 40 minutes
Webinar Recording Length Session 2 – Approx 1 hour, 50 minutes
On purchasing this on-demand session, a link to the recording will be made available along with any webinar resources which will be valid for one month.