Drive Safely, With Freedom And Comfort
If you have a medical or physical condition, you may be wondering if it’s safe (or legal) for you to drive.
Perhaps you need modifications to your car but you don’t know how to start?
Our occupational therapy driver assessments will review the client’s driving capacity, to determine how they can drive safely and enjoy the independence that comes with driving.
Enjoy The Confidence Of Being Fit To Drive
“Following our assessment, our clients can relax and truly enjoy driving, because their driving has been given the tick of approval.
Not every driver is able to continue driving, but those who do maintain both their freedom and their road safety.”
Contact us about an OT driver assessment
Who should get an occupational therapy driver assessment?
- people with physical, mental, cognitive or other impairments
- elderly drivers
- people recovering from injury
- people recovering from trauma involving road accidents, perhaps suffering anxiety as a result
- people with medical conditions that cause changing symptoms, requiring ongoing monitoring
- anyone uncertain about their ability to continue safely driving
What Does An Occupational Therapy Driver Assessment Cover?
Our experienced and friendly occupational therapist will join the client in a typical driving session to assess your driving capacity.
support clients to safely maintain mobility and independence
- evaluate any medical or physical conditions that may impair the ability to drive
- recommend potential modifications to the vehicle to improve driver performance and confidence
- suggest strategies that may be followed to improve safe driving
- make recommendations for management and ongoing monitoring of a driver
Safety Is Our Priority
We evaluate the safety of both the driver and the broader community. We believe that driving gives people a sense of independence. Consequently, we want our clients to maintain that freedom, as long as it is safe to do so. For some drivers, we may recommend driving only in certain circumstances (such as during daylight hours).
How Long Does An Assessment Take?
Duration can vary, but we allow between four and six hours for a comprehensive assessment, discussion and recommendations. Assessments can include both off-road and on-road components.
What Does An Occupational Therapy Driver Assessment Cost?
The cost of an assessment can vary depending on the complexity of the client’s needs. Please contact us for a quotation.