OT Home Modification Services
Change The Space, Change The Life
Modifications to the home, whether minor or complex, can create game-changing solutions for our clients and greatly impact overall quality of life.
“After our complex home modification service, our clients report increased independence, engagement and more enjoyment out of everyday life. Doesn’t everyone deserve that?”
Sarah Collison, Occupational Therapist and Founder of Verve OT
Boost Independence, Access, Mobility and Overall Happiness
Our experienced team of Occupational Therapists specialise in both minor and complex home modifications for individuals living with a wide variety of disabilities and medical conditions.
The aim of our home modification service is to facilitate people to do what they need and want to do, in the most effective and safe manner, within their home environment.
Our OTs provide a personalised service and approach. We work directly with the client to empower them throughout the whole process. You will get an understanding and caring person on your team.
Contact us about disability home modification services
How Does The Home Modification Service Work?
Our Occupational Therapists will visit the client’s living space to:
- Learn about the client’s lifestyle
- Gain an understanding of the medical conditions or disabilities that are impacting daily life
- Assess the client within their living environment and identify challenges within that space
- Work together to develop and agree upon goals for improved way of living
- Consider all possible alternatives to allow a client to be as safe and functional as possible within their home
- Recommend both minor and complex modifications, outlining what functional benefits the client can expect
- On approval, supervise installation of modifications, using our network of trusted, reliable third-party resources such as builders, hard landscapers, carpenters, electricians and plumbers
What Home Modification Solutions Exist?
There are often a number of simple changes that can make a world of difference. These may include:
Installing grab rails in bathrooms and toilets
Installing a hand-held shower hose in the shower
Changing tapware in bathrooms and kitchens
Installing handrails on stairs and paths
Installing sensor lights
More extensive complex home modifications can include:
Modifying bathrooms including removal of a shower hob or bathtub and installing a stepless shower recess
Modifying kitchens including changing bench heights and creating more wheelchair space
Installing ramps to replace stairs for improved access
Installing stair climbers, platforms lifts or elevators
Introducing voice-empowered home automation technology
Eliminating mobility inhibitors such as steps, narrow or sharp corners
Modifying gardens to ensure greater wheelchair accessibility
What Do Home Modifications Cost? Is There Funding We Can Access?
The cost for home modifications varies considerably depending on the nature and scope of the works to be undertaken.
Out team can connect with trusted builders to obtain competitive quotations, then facilitate funding approval via government funded schemes such as the NDIS.
We are here with you and we can talk you through the process.