Responding to Sexualised Behaviours
- Foundations for this work – policies, procedures, and professional/ personal values
- Explore the different types of sexualised behaviours
- How to know when to intervene
- Understanding why the behaviours might be occurring – from a communication, sexual need and sensory perspective
- Understanding body autonomy
- Maintaining trauma-informed practice
- How to respond – in the moment and afterwards
- Modelling and protective behaviour
- Teachable topics – body parts, privacy, emotional body signs, affection and relationships
- Caregiver involvement and ways to facilitate engagement
- Putting it into practice.
‘Lucy’s presentation was fantastic and insightful! A very important topic that doesn’t get spoken about enough for our population.’
“I found the entire presentation very useful and relevant. Clarification of definitions, considerations when discussing sexuality/ sexual health with families, building consent into personal care routines, viewing the sexualized behaviours as a behaviour and applying the same PTR type framework, resources for families and students.”
The Certificate of Completion for this webinar, which you can use for CPD hours, will be emailed to you at the end of the month.
On purchasing this on demand session, a link to the recording will be made available along with any webinar resources which will be valid for one month.