Sensory Processing and Modulation in Children – Foundations & Strategies for Participation
Self-regulation in children is an integral part of working with children in disability and autism spectrum disorders. This recording of the interactive workshop will give participants a foundational overview & opportunity to reflect and to extend their knowledge of:
– the sensory systems, and how this relates to sensory modulation
– neurology and function and how it’s impact on regulation
– screening and assessment of sensory processing (including the new SPM-2 for all ages)
– self-regulation strategies and how they impact on sensory-driven “behaviours”, emotional regulation, and cognitive regulation
– creative ways to implement the self-regulation resources including and our experience of using The Mightier app in therapy as a tool for bio feedback for self-regulation.
This training is suitable for:
– Therapists new to sensory processing or
– Therapists would like to consolidate their learning in this area.
Please note that the format of this workshop is a revised version of previous workshops run on the same topic. If you have previously attended this workshop, then you are not recommended to purchase access to the revised workshop
– 3 x introductory training modules to be completed PRIOR to watching the recording of the live webinar.
About the Presenter: Deb Hopper has worked mainly in paediatrics in community health and private practice the last 25 years, after starting in acute, forensic and community mental health as a new graduate. Deb runs a part time paediatric OT private practice in Forster on the NSW mid north coast. She’s passionate about supporting paediatric OTs across Australia through 1:1 supervision and The Kids OT POD, a monthly clinical membership for paediatric OTs, the Therapy Business Bootcamp and ongoing business mentoring options. She’s on the admin team for The Australian Paediatric OT Facebook group and can be found regularly at paediatric trainings to keep current and support the OTs she serves. She’s passionate about the balance between sensory processing and keeping a functional focus.
Webinar Recording Length –2 hours 45 minutes
Introductory recordings – Approx 3 hours
The Certificate of Completion for this webinar, which you can use for CPD hours, will be emailed to you at the end of the month.
On purchasing this on demand session, a link to the recording will be made available along with any webinar resources which will be valid for one month.
Please note that the price to purchase access to this recording is for one person only. If you wish for multiple people to access the recording, please purchase access for each person.